You have just seen how easy it is to add a title to the form design. Now, you will create the body of the picnic survey.To do this, you will add several objects from the Standard category in the Object Library palette. For example, to add a box where people filling the form will type their name, you will add a Text Field object.Use the Text Field object to add boxes to a form when you want to provide the people filling the form with a way to enter text. In this tutorial, you will add the boxes where people filling the form will type their name and their comments or suggestions.There is no single method for how you add objects to a form design. It all depends on how you prefer to work. You can add objects starting from the top of the form and work down, or you can add them at random.
1. This object has two parts: the caption (or label) and the place where people will type information, which is also referred to as the value.
3. Select the text Text Field and type Name:
5. In the Object palette, click the Binding tab and type Name in the Name box.
Note: It’s a good idea to assign a name to each object in a form design. Later, you will see how the object names are useful when the information is returned to you in XML format.
6. To decrease the space between the caption and the box where people will type their name, drag the boundary line between the caption and value to the left.
2. Click the bottom of the form where you’d like the Comments/Suggestions box to appear. The object appears and you can adjust it to suit your requirements.
Note: Not all of the palettes are open in the workspace. If you do not see the palette that you want, select it from the Window menu to open it.
6. Select the caption Text Field and type Comments/Suggestions:
8. In the Object palette, click the Field tab and select the Allow Multiple Lines option to allow the person filling the form to enter more than one line of text.
9. In the Object palette, click the Binding tab and type Comments in the Name box.